COST: $475.00 for first person (Includes Instructor’s Training Manual). $275.00 for each additional member from the same company. (Additional Training Manuals are $100.00).
OBJECTIVE: To provide a formal training program on powered industrial trucks in classes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 [Sitdown or standup operated forklift trucks]. The training program provides your employee with the skills and tools to successfully conduct Forklift operator safety training classes to comply with OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1910.178.
SCOPE OF TRAINING:
A. Personnel participating in the training program will receive training in the classroom from a qualified instructor via lecture, discussion and video on the topics contained in the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Regulation 29 CFR 1910178, Subpart (N).
B. A Certificate of Achievement, Operator License (valid for three years) and a Course Data Sheet will be mailed to your company with seven-to-ten working days after the completion of the training program.
THE FOLLOWING TOPICS WILL BE DISCUSSED:
- Powered Industrial Truck Characteristics & Associated Hazards
- Current accident and injury data
- Powered industrial truck stability systems
- Pre-operation inspection requirements
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178 requirements:
- Operator Safety Training (employer & employee)
- Refresher Training
- Trainee evaluation procedure
- Developing a Powered Industrial Truck Training Program
- Company policies
- Operator selection
- Methods of training
- Training program content
- Instructor Presentation Skills
- Student motivation
- Opening remarks
- Classroom preparation
- Questioning and answering procedures
Find out when our next classes are at our Illinois locations